RISING UP TO THE CHALLENGE POSED BY DIVERSITY FOR ACCESS TO SPINE CARE
Access to care relates to the timely use of health services to achieve the best health outcomes.
Diversity plays a vital role in limiting/promoting the access to spine care around the globe. The symposium aims to brainstorm on ways and means to promote widespread access to spine care, facing the challenges imposed by the shortage of resources, limited coverage, and local/regional backgrounds. Access to care for ethnic minorities and underserved populations is a growing concern and will receive a special emphasis on this symposium, together with the key role of integrated interprofessional care to optimize clinical outcomes. The response and performance of diverse health systems around the globe to rise to these challenges will be debated.
1. Brainstorm on ways to promote widespread access to spine care
2. Focus on providing access to spine care for ethnic minority and underserved populations
3. Outline strategies to promote and optimize interprofessional care for patients with spine ailments
4. Appraise the responses of the various healthcare systems to improve access to spine care globally
- Access to spine care for ethnic minority population
- Challenges in providing quality health spine care for other diverse populations
- How to promote consistent interprofessional spine care, given the diversity and availability of health professionals globally
- Spine care amid diverse health care systems: is there a best one?
- Rising up to the challenge posed by diversity for access to spine care
13.00 – 13.15
Access to spine care for ethnic minority population
Abdul Hafid Bajamal, Indonesia
13.15 – 13.30
Challenges in providing quality health spine care for other diverse populations
Salman Sharif, Pakistan
13.30 – 13.45
How to promote consistent interprofessional spine care, given the diversity and availability of health professionals globally?
Amit Thapa, Nepal
13.45 – 14.00
Spine care amid diverse health care systems: is there a best one?
Anand Bang, India
14.00 – 14.30
Panel discussion : Rising up to the challenge posed by diversity for access to spine care
H. Chhabra, P. Pereira, H. Mhaidli